Saturday 7 December 2013

Horses Show Review

So both me and WildHorse went to this horse show and now I'm going to do a review on it.
It had heaps of classes like in hand, kids, show hunting and show jumping.
I saw quite a few of the classes but I mainly watched show jumping.

It was fantastic with all the horses and riders. The only thing that made me feel bad for the horses was how tight the riders hold the horses heads. One horse crashed into a jump and the girl was quite snobby and began whacking her horse with a whip (which did not help the situation at all).

WildHorse: I love watching show jumping, however, the way some of the riders treat their horses is shocking. The bits some of them used were contraptions no horse should have to wear, and they hold their heads really tight, them just before the jump, let them go. I felt like the horses should be able to stretch their necks when they jump.
We saw our fare share of rails knocked, time faults, spurs and whips.
We saw some nice horses though, and it was fun wandering around looking at them. I'm more of a point-and-shoot girl than pile-the-tack-on-with-whips-and-spurs-then-jump sort of person. Either a horse is a jumper, or it isn't. Just what I think :)

Here are some photos from the event:

Great Jump!

And they are off

Such a great team! (we liked this grey)

Wahooo!

Up, up and away!



No comments:

Post a Comment

We love your comments! (Almost as much as we love horses)