Sunday 13 March 2016

These Days

Hey guys and girls!

Sorry it has taken this long to get a post to you, it has been yet again busy.
You are going to have to realize that I can't always make the deadline for posts as I set as I still have to live my life, and life doesn't always go to plan.

So what has happened?

Well Horse of The Year 2016 has been and gone and I think it is safe to say that it was one of the best weekends Opal and I have encountered! Just the atmosphere and the people was great.
There is nothing better than being somewhere with thousands of people that share the same passion for horses as you!

It was truly a great experience and the horses and riders were amazing, as could be expected at such a level.

There were horse shops for millllllllleeeeeees. 
I honestly was not aware of how many horse\tack shops we have in New Zealand, its crazy!
But I did a heap of shopping for Cas.

Oh yeah, by the way in case you are wondering who Cas is.
He was formerly called Nevada but I changed it to Castiel (Cas for short) because I think it is better fitting. Speaking of Castiel, due to being busy that weekend, breaking him in has been postponed till after easter, so we are talking the first week of April currently. My fingers are crossed because I can't wait to see him and get some shots of him for you guys!

Back to my HOY haul. 
I bought two exactly alike saddle blankets because you can never just have one, am I right people?
I also bought a beautiful black bridle, it was a little pricey but I'm sure Cas will love it, as a show bridle. I also bought myself a jumping whip, a new helmet, some jodhpur boots and socks. 
And a signed Singlet from Free Riders.

Alicia Burton!

Omg Opal and I saw Alicia Burton and Classic Goldrush in the flesh!
It was the most exciting thing ever! 






Opal and I really admire Alicia Burton and her way with horses and it was so cool to see her in person, Classic Goldush was way bigger than I imagined but he was beautiful, we watched as people took photos with them and Goldrush performing tricks for the audience. It was great.

Next guess which NZ favorites we saw amongst the HOY crowd..

That's right!!!

THE WILSON SISTERS!!!
Unfortunately we didn't get a chance to meet or say hello to them, but seeing them in person was amazing. And we watched from the sidelines as Amanda and Cassanova showed the crowd what they are made of as the soared around the jumping course.

Overall Horse of The Year was a brilliant experience and we can't wait to go back for 2017 and one day compete there!

  On to my next news!

I have a Youtube channel called JustJaz
Which will be featured on the side of the blog.
I try to post as regularly as I can but it does take a while to get enough clips to create a full video.
I do appreciate the audiences support of Subscribing, Liking and commenting.
Also letting me know what you want to see more of :)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7v9YDmtRYDpEt4BjFQQm5g/videos

Also if you are a big facebook user like me...

https://www.facebook.com/JustJaz-1562906477313865/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel
Go like my Youtube Facebook page for updates 

Thanks for your support guys and hope to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love your comments! (Almost as much as we love horses)