Saturday 20 February 2016

Sorry About the Lack Of Posts

Hey Everyone!

I'm really sorry I haven't been posting anything in ages, its just life has been busy and I honestly don't know what to post about, so maybe you guys and girls could help me out by commenting below what you would like to see more of on Horse Buzz!
It would help us out a lot so we can write posts that interest YOU.

So some interesting events that are coming up that you will be seeing posted on here are:

Horse Of The Year 2016, yes Horse of The Year is coming up and its one of the biggest equine events in New Zealand, the best riders from around the country are coming together to ride at a week long equine event. Sound like heaven to you? I know its heaven for me.
So you will most likely see snippets of HOY and my little shopping spree which I plan on doing for my beloved Nevada.

Which brings me to the next topic that you will be seeing posted on here..

NEVADA! In a couple weekends time I shall be backing my new horse with the help of a family friend, so there hopefully will be pictures and maybe even some videos.
So i'll keep you posted!

I'm sure once Nevada comes home you will be seeing a lot of progression posts, and of course we also have my beloved Specs and Stanley! 

Another reason why I haven't posted in a while is that I have just been and still low key am recovering from an accident (YES HORSE RELATED).

So naughty me forgot her helmet one morning when I went to work on the farm mustering some cattle to take home. Long story short, I was riding Stanley and a Calf wouldn't get off the bank of the side of the road, so I rode Stanley on the bank to make the calf move, when I turned Stanley around to go back on the road, there was a lowkey ditch in front of us. Now before I continue you have to know that Stanley isn't a jumper, I don't ever expect him to jump anything and he doesn't even try (Ask Opal if you don't believe me), but Stanley decided he was going to be a Grand Prix show jumper and did this massive jump over the ditch. It took me by surprise I must admit, and slightly unseated me, what made me actually fall off was that I thudded in the saddle which spooked Stanley, which caused him to bolt, which caused me to fall off backwards onto the road.

Dun dun dun!!

Yea, I split\cut the back of my head and I'm not even being dramatic when I say blood was literally pouring out of my head. EW.

Should've seen my mother's face when she saw me ahha.

Anyway...

I had a mild concussion and had to go to A & E for stitches. 
That happened on the 1st of Feb, 5 days before my birthday, the joy.

I haven't been on a horse since, not because I'm scared simply because Mother won't allow it quite yet. 

Now before people jump to conclusions and start bashing me for not wearing a helmet. 

1. Whether you choose to wear a helmet or not, the decision is simply up to the person riding. Although I do advise it, and did actually forget it that day and I ride around quite a bit without one so it wasn't a biggy for me. 

2. If I had been wearing my helmet that day my injuries would have been far worse, including the possibility of a broken neck simply because the way I had fell, with a helmet it couldve snapped my neck.

~~~~~~~~~~~

So to top my story off, I do advise wearing a helmet if you are on a road, doing something your horse is not used to , riding somewhere where it is unfamiliar or riding a horse that you don't know,

I personally feel safer without a helmet on, but that is my opinion.
 But riding on the road with a helmet is advised, Because falling onto hard surfaces hurts a hell load more than grass.

Well I hope everyone has learnt something, I know I have!
Have a great month and watch this space!


1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

We love your comments! (Almost as much as we love horses)