Wednesday 29 May 2013

Falling

Personally, I have always been a great supporter of 

'When you fall off a horse, unless something's 
broken, you should get strait back on' 


I'm not really sure why, maybe it's just what I was told when I was younger, but I hold strongly to it. I once meet a girl who's horse bolted on her in a ring one time, and she fell off. She said she no longer rode the horse, because he was 'crazy'. By the end of the conversation, I thought she was the crazy one! However I do respect that everyone should make their own choices when it comes to getting back on. 
The first time I ever fell off happened to be off Daisy, HorseFrenzy's pony. When it came to getting back on, my common sense screamed 'DON'T DO IT!!!' But my head said 'You don't have to get back on... But...'

Your first fall will always be the hardest - you're shocked you fell off (Until you fall, I think a lot of people are convinced they never will), you relise that horses really can be dangerous. When you peal yourself back off the ground, you're probably shaking, maybe even crying! And there's nothing wrong with that :)    
                                         So back to my head lol  - 'But, if you don't get on, will you ever get back on?' That was actually my worst fear after my first fall! I really was worried that if I didn't got back on, I never would. Everyone is different, and I may be the first person to ever think about that. If you don't get strait back on, the longer you leave it, the harder it becomes.  

I think it's important to overcome your fears as best you can(Unless its hight's and rock climbing).
When you start riding, it's best to be prepared that if you plan on keeping going, for the first fall. And if you have had a fall, and are yet to get back on, I would encourage you to start hanging around horses, and learning to trust and overcome your fear.

I got back on Daisy, and I personally think it's on of the best things I ever did. Not only did I get a fright, I think HorseFrenzy did too! Looking back, I am thankful I fell off at that time in my life, if I was any older, I may have just said 'forget it' and any younger, I may have been traumatised. If I ever see Daisy again, I would thank her for cantering under that tree branch! 

Have a great day!!
WildHorse



2 comments:

  1. What an amazing post WildHorse :) And it's so true!

    ReplyDelete

We love your comments! (Almost as much as we love horses)